MajorFun
The MAJOR FUN AWARDS go to games and people that bring people fun, and to any organization managing to make the world more fun through its own personal contributions, and through the products it has managed to bring to the market.

 

Contact Major Fun

Categories

Features

Categories

Subscribe to the Major Fun Game Blog Feed

Games that make you laugh!

Major Fun Award WinnersMajor Fun KEEPER Award WinnersMajor Fun's Defender of the Playful Award Winners

BlogWho is Major FunAward ProgramGame Development

 

Loading

 

Wildwords cont'd

As I'm sure you remember, the word tile game Wildwords received a Major FUN award back in March, 2004.

The designer/manufacturer emailed me recently, in the hopes that we could figure out some mutually rewarding connection that would result in getting this wonderfully brain-tickling game to more people. Given my financial acumen and keen marketing sense, I had no idea at all how we could mutualize anything, reward-wise. The only thing that came to mind was writing a semi-altruistic story about the game. That way, he'd have a few more sales, and, well, I'd get the gratification of knowing that I had contributed to the success of something I believed in. And so it goes. And so do I.

So I went back to his website and found a blow-by-blow description of a game of Wildwords as played between Bush and Kerry. OK, so maybe it wasn't really played by Bush and Kerry. But it gives you a great feel for the game, and the wonderfulness therefrom awaiting you.

Another welcome surprise was this free online version for PC-users, and, for those who seek immediate gratification, this "very tough Java WildWords puzzle."

There's a lot more on the website. And a whole lot more if you buy the game. There's even a Special Offer - free shipping and a dollar off (until Oct. 16) just for you and yours. And no, I don't make a dime off of it (not enough dimes to share). But I do get the satisfaction of knowing that I played a role in making this significantly fun game a little more affordable.

Labels:

 

 


Powered by Blogger